- To enhance the concepts, values and practices of democracy, social justice and nonviolence.
- To contribute actively to the formulation of laws, legislations, polices and corresponding measures and executive procedures that fulfill and promote human rights.
- To influence decision making process on local and national levels.
- To enhance access to justice and rule of law.
- To activate social accountability.
- To empower and support vulnerable groups towards enjoying their basic rights.
- To develop PCDCR capacity and resources for high institutional competence and strong self-sustainability.
5 approaches are applied by PCDCR in its various interventions, programs and projects where some or all of these approaches could be applied together in one action according to the nature of it and the results required to be achieved.
- Human rights-based approach( HRsBA)
- Capacity Building Approach(CBA)
- Awareness Raising Approach (ARA)
- Service Delivery Approach (SDA)
- Community Mobilization and Advocacy Approach(CM&AA)
ORGANIZATIONAL& OPERATIONAL STRUCTURE/DUTIES& RESPONSIBILITIES
General Organizational Chart
Organizational Chart-Main Branch
Organizational Chart- Branch/ Support Office
Operational and organizational chart
Democracy, Human Rights and Good Governance Program
The program works for enhancing human rights’ education and practices, promoting the values, concepts and practices of democracy , enhancing good governance in prevalence of integrity and transparency. Additionally, strengthening the participation of youth and women in public life, enhancing the culture of dialogue and acceptance of others within the democratic process under the rule of law.
Women Support& Empowerment Program
The program works for promoting the values and practices of gender equity, supporting women development to actively participate in decision making process enjoying their rights, improving their capacities towards required knowledge and skills. Furthermore, providing women in need with professional support services on the psychosocial and legal levels. All of such accompanied with advocacy efforts to develop and amend legislations, laws, polices and executive procedures that assure women’s rights and protection.
Child Rights’ and Protection Program
he program works for a supportive protective environment for children in general and disabled in particular where all enjoy their rights to quality education, protection from all forms of abuse. The program addresses children self-protection mechanisms as well as educating caregivers with needed knowledge having their skills and expertise improved to protect their children. Additionally, building the capacities of workers in the field of psychosocial support and child protection, contributing to reduce children’s labor, monitoring and documentation of the violations of children’s rights, intensifying lobbying and advocacy mechanisms to improve the legislation, policies and regulations related to children’s rights.
Geographical Areas by priority
We work in all governorates of the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, but we focus more on border areas, buffer zones and other vulnerable and marginalized areas.