Democracy, Human Rights and Good Governance Program
The program works for enhancing human rights’ education and practices, promoting the values, concepts and practices of democracy , enhancing good governance in prevalence of integrity and transparency. Additionally, strengthening the participation of youth and women in public life, enhancing the culture of dialogue and acceptance of others within the democratic process under the rule of law.
Main achievements under this program:
Significant contribution to national reconciliation in active involvement of youth and women as main actors in social peace building.
- Sponsoring signing a pact of honor by young leaders in the political parties- students’ movement representatives to socially and politically support national reconciliation.
- Influence decision makers at ministries of PNA towards adopting minimum wage law and issuing the first draft on suggested national plan for consumer protection as well as activating the alimony fund within the judicial system.
- Activating social accountability as new approach in the Arab region to be integrated to the democratic process especially at municipalities and ministries in Palestine.
- Increasing level of awareness regarding HRs in general and legal rights in particular for various categories (youth, women, universities and high schools’ students , male and female prisoners, community leaders and activists and children’s caregivers).
- Raising awareness of law enforcement bodies (police men& women, police officers, prosecutors) as well as judges and lawyers on HRs and its practices within the process of detention, investigation and during trials.
- Remarkable influence on decision makers within the governmental structure for better and effective executive measures and procedures guaranteeing citizens’ rights especially vulnerable groups(women, children, youth and persons with disabilities)
- Enforcing youth participation over WB& GS in decision making as well as their engagement to public ,political, civic and social aspects.
- Contribution to empower young leaders in political parties for further participation in decision making.
- Building a very good institutional reputation, fully trusted by the community and local& fund partners, active in alliances and networks at local and regional levels through:
- Amal Coalition to combat violence against women.
- Al Montada network to combat violence against women.
- Wesal coalition to activate resolution 1325.
- Advisory body of Hayat shelter for victimized women.
- National advisory committee of UN-women.
- Head of security and protection committee of the strategic plan to combat violence against women.