PCDCR is a civil non-profitable organization established in August 1998 as an investment of distinguished efforts exerted by a group of Palestinian youth highly motivated and ambitious to develop a Palestinian model promotes democratic principles and modern conflict resolution alternatives.
A free democratic Palestine where human rights fully respected and fulfilled , social justice guaranteed and rule of law promoted.
In line with its vision and values; PCDCR works to promote democratic principles, enhance human rights in general and for vulnerable groups in particular, foster tolerance and social peace, justice ,accountability and gender equality, consolidate good governance regime in adherence to transparency and integrity. PCDCR contributes in filling the gap of the services lacked to be provided to vulnerable and marginalized groups on the psychosocial and legal levels.
PCDCR strives to fulfill its mission by enhancing the following core values in its work:
– Work for adherence of human rights especially for vulnerable groups.
– Work on the basis of tolerance, mutual respect and for social peace.
– Work for accountability enhancing a culture of transparency and social responsibility.
-Work for prioritizing the investment in human resources.
Goals and Developmental Objectives/Strategies:
- To enhance the concepts, values and practices of democracy, social justice and nonviolence.
- To contribute actively to the formulation of laws, legislations, polices and corresponding measures and executive procedures that fulfill and promote human rights.
- To influence decision making process on local and national levels.
- To enhance access to justice and rule of law.
- To activate social accountability.
- To empower and support vulnerable groups towards enjoying their basic rights.
- To develop PCDCR capacity and resources for high institutional competence and strong self-sustainability.
PCDCR Main Strategies Approaches:
5 approaches are applied by PCDCR in its various interventions, programs and projects where some or all of these approaches could be applied together in one action according to the nature of it and the results required to be achieved.
- Human rights-based approach( HRsBA)
- Capacity Building Approach(CBA)
- Awareness Raising Approach (ARA)
- Service Delivery Approach (SDA)
- Community Mobilization and Advocacy Approach(CM&AA)
The program works for a supportive protective environment for children in general and disabled in particular where all enjoy their rights to quality education, protection from all forms of abuse. The program addresses children self-protection mechanisms as well as educating caregivers with needed knowledge having their skills and expertise improved to protect their children. Additionally, building the capacities of workers in the field of psychosocial support and child protection, contributing to reduce children’s labor, monitoring and documentation of the violations of children’s rights, intensifying lobbying and advocacy mechanisms to improve the legislation, policies and regulations related to children’s rights.
Geographical Areas by priority
We work in all governorates of the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, but we focus more on border areas, buffer zones and other vulnerable and marginalized areas.