Palestinian Centre for Democracy and Conflict Resolution-PCDCR is a civil non-profitable organization established in August 1998 as an investment of distinguished efforts exerted by a group of Palestinian youth highly motivated and ambitious to develop a Palestinian model promotes democratic principles and modern conflict resolution alternatives.
Child protection needs substantially increased in Gaza during and following the escalation of hostilities in 2014. First, there continues to be a need for protection, psychosocial support and individualized case specific responses for children who have experience, and continue to experience exposure to conflict and violence, ERWs, displacement, and caregivers consistent stress and limited access to livelihood opportunities.
PCDCR offers a post for professionals interested in working in Emergency field.
Job Title: Emergency Officer
Start Date: ASAP
Duration of Contract: 5 months with possibility of extension
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Responsible for coordinating and supervising the Child Protection Working Group-CPWG agreed activities of all 5 Governorate Focal Points.
– Collates and analyses all field level need assessments and shares regular reports with the CPWG coordinator to inform the response.
– Participate in all CPWG meetings and initiatives as requested.
– Establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners and donors.
– Gather needed information and produces success stories.
– Ensure the database holds accurate and up to date information.
– Conduct meetings with key stakeholders in the child protection field.
– Act as a member of PCDCR team and perform any reasonable duties as may be assigned.
Personal and Professional Competencies:
– A university degree in English language, international relations, development studies, business or other relevant field.
– At least 3 years related professional experience particularly in Child Protection Field.
– Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
– Positive attitude and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
– Demonstrated research and information gathering and analysis skills.
– Proven flexibility to handle changing priorities and managing multiple tasks and deadlines efficiently and without compromising quality.
– Highly organized, reliable attention to details and ability to work independently when needed.
– Good experience in Project Cycle Management including the development of project’s logical framework and its components.
– Proficiency with MS Office.
– Concern with democracy, conflict resolution, non-violent actions and human rights issues.
– Integrity and strong identification with PCDCR Core Values.
Professional candidates with experience in the following field are encouraged to apply for this position, Cover letter and curriculum vitae in English including the names and contact details for three references, are to be submitted by email to:
Please ensure that you state the title of the post that you are applying for as subject of your email (EMERGENCY OFFICER).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
PCDCR believes in equal opportunities for both genders.
Closing Date: Wednesday 5th October 2016 (12:00 noon).