The Palestinian Center for Democracy and Conflict Resolution (PCDCR) in partnership with the United Nations Children’s Fund-UNICEF announced the release of 20 initiatives in children protection in order to :
• Contribute to the protection of children and the reduction of violence and exploitation.
• Encourage the children to think and plan for initiatives on child protection.
• Promote a culture of cooperation among the children imparting skills and teamwork.
• Give the children the necessary skills to play a role in their community and with their peers for change on issues that affect them.
Fields of initiatives:
Initiatives, that are concerned with child protection from violence and exploitation in all its forms, will be selected through different fields, for example:
Media – artistic – culture – electronics – voluntary work – mobilization and influence – sports and education.
Applicants of Initiatives:
a) A group of children : number 7-10, age 14-18 years
b) A group of children from institutions dealing with children, where the role of the institution will be the guide to the children who will implement the initiative.
c) The initiative should target all the layers of the community.
d) The idea of the initiative should be creative and distinguished.
e) The initiative’s expense ranges that is required from the PCDCR between 1,500$- 2,500$
f) The initiative should be implemented in a period that does not exceeds three months.
g) The initiative’s budget should cover the activities and events of the initiative only.
h) The provided service should be free for the targeted group.
Initiatives’ Applications assessment:
A specialized commission will evaluate the submitted applications under the following criteria:
* The initiative should be in a harmony with the overall objective which to contributing to the protection of children from violence and exploitation.
* The initiative should convene with the required conditions mentioned above.
* The creativity and distinguish of the initiative.
* The possibility to implement the initiative practically.
* A rational distribution of the initiative’s budget on its items
according to the previous standards, the commission will choose the best 20 initiatives from all governorates of Gaza strip. All the applicants will be informed with the results, to implemented:
- 12 initiative in the summer holiday and the beginning of the new school year (August, September, October 2007).
- 8 initiatives in the winter holiday and the beginning of the second semester (January, February, March2008).
PCDCR will arrange a training course for three days in the skills of planning and implementing of community action projects and child protection projects for the children groups to acquire the necessary skills needed to implement their initiatives
PCDCR will receive printed applications for initiatives until Thursday 19th Nov. 2007, 2:00pm to be delivered by hand in one of the center’s branches:
- Digool St. next to the Governor Palace, Gaza.
- Khan Yunis, Skeet El Hadeed St.
- And to be emailed to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel 2843449
The application form can be found on:
Source:the Palestinian Center for Democracy and Conflict Resolution